Back to school

general Sep 07, 2021

Holidays are over and kids are going back to school, now is a good time to share what we've been up to last month. We did take a break from writing posts to focus on implementing ideas, and that we did.

We came a long way and I'm proud to announce that last week we performed a successful integration test on the Tracepaper API. In a previous post, we presented a component view of what we intended to build. With the MVP in mind, rough estimate, 85% of our API is implemented. The other 15% is fine-tuning, the stuff we postponed during our event storming sessions, you can't focus on everything right?

The biggest challenge for September is implementing a comprehensive front-end that aligns with the customer journeys we envisioned while harnessing the power of our API. Why did we postpone the front end you ask? Well, from a value perspective it is the make-or-break component of our product. To do it well is the biggest challenge we will face, this challenge however is from a UX design perspective. It is a big mental investment and we were not ready to put in the effort before we proved our idea is feasible.  

Therefore, we build a test tool, a fairly simple script that invokes the different API functions to model a simple "Single Command, Single View" application. I bet you can imagine our euphoria when after a mere evening of bug fixing running our test script resulted in a deployed and functional generated serverless application.

So what's next? Dotting the I's and crossing the T's as they say, in our case this will be: Implementing front-end features > Refining Backend > Refining Generator  > Repeat.

And for the next post? I think it is time to write a series about the concepts we use in our Draftsman Modeling Language, stay tuned.

Tags

Bo Hanssen

I've been a technology-agnostic developer since 2015. And currently filling in the role of solution-architect for one of the core business-systems at APG.

Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.